Weird how some songs/bands/music can totally define an era for you, isn’t it? For me, hearing a Stone Roses song catapults me right back to student days:a particular night club, particular people doing a particular kind of dance, drinking, smoking, smiling. Good times.
Last night – we went to the reunion tour. ***Manc accent” “It was top.”
Here’s why it was top:
- It was more like a festival than a gig – which made me happy. Since Gibby arrived, we haven’t been to a festival and we used to go every year. We even met at a festival. I have vowed to myself that we’ll all go to one next year.
- Got to see bands I wasn’t expecting: The Wailers were pretty cool. The Vaccines and Primal scream also played.
- I was me. Minty. Not Grace’s Mum. I LOVE being Grace’s Mum, but – just every now and then – I like remembering how it feels to be Minty.
- Being Minty involved getting
shit facedpleasantly squiffy, dancing in a field with my fella, and singing loudly and out of tune till I was hoarse.
- Seeing the original line-up belt out those TUUUUUUUNES!
- There was something very special in the warm rainy air. Genuine excitement radiated amongst old and new fans alike – a kind of camaraderie, if you will. Amazing atmosphere.
- OOooh – and there were fireworks. Lots of fireworks. I like fireworks.
So now it’s the day after. definitely feeling on the wobbly side. (During aforementioned student days – I’d be drinking again today. Now it takes me a week to get over a pint.) Grace stayed at a friend’s house – HATED her room being empty when I got up, but when she was dropped off back home later this morning, and I got the biggest hug in the world – well, I was more than ready to be Mummy again. Till next time . . . cheers! MAD FOR IT! ***swaggers off for a nice cup of tea***