Twitterdom and all of her domain are still a tad confusing for me, but I think I’ve been tagged by Helloitsgemma to join in this “7 things about me” that people probably don’t know. Well, here’s my list:
- I am fluent in sign language and work translating for deaf 11-16 year olds. LOVE my job.
- I am pretty well-known for my MASSIVE and unintentional faux pas’. These include: Telling a midget to grow up, telling a woman in a wheelchair she doesn’t have a leg to stand on (she was nasty and drunk and threatening to sue the pub I was working in, so don’t hate me!) Telling a big issue seller “Go on then I’ll buy your last one so you can go home and put your feet up”, being in a notorious red light area ( in the day), thinking I was funny when I saw my friend pass by and kicked him up the bum shouting “looking for business love?” Turned out it wasn’t my friend, just looked like him from the back. To make matters worse, for some reason I turned into Alan Partridge and shouted after him “I’M NOT A PROSTITUTE!” The list is endless. . .
- I won a bravery award for saving a woman’s life.
- My biggest ever crush throughout my teens was Rik Mayall. I used to practice writing “Minty Mayall” on my folders at school.
- A dwarf once tried to attack me with his false teeth. (Not the guy mentioned in number 2)
- I own the box set of “Are you being Served” and know all the lyrics to the theme tune. LOVE it . . . “Ground floor perculiaries, stationary and leather goods . . .”
- I once had to dress in a giant Gruffalo suit when I worked in a bookshop, and went to Marks and Spencer’s to do a spot of shopping in it.
So there you have it. surprised myself there – didn’t expect it to be so heavily dwarf-based (now there’s a sentence I didn’t think I’d be writing tonight)