Life according to Grace.
1 – Everything Quacks. Any animal, drawing of an animal, animal on TV, be it a duck, a dog, a monkey or a fish, now gets pointed at and an enthusiastic “wack wack” issues forth from little lips. Followed by a round of applause for herself.
2 – The world looks far better when you’re upside down peeping through your own legs.
3 – The plasterer is the most interesting person in the world.
4 – There is nothing more fun than filling up the dog’s water bowl with stuff. The following items are preferred:
• Mummy’s keys
• Daddy’s glasses
• Sippy cup
• Remote controls
• Anything that can be cunningly snaffled from the bottom draw of the dishwasher whilst Mum’s attention is diverted.
5 – There is never an inappropriate time to dance, or an inappropriate tune to dance too. Recent dance ad-libbing has included:
• The lift music in Debenhams.
• Daddy’s hammering when working on the extension.
• The Go Compare advert.
• One particular button that plays a tune on the Pepper Pig sound book.
• The family band – consisting of Grace on maracas, Daddy on wooden drum, and Mummy on crocodile xylophone. (One hates to blow ones own trumpet – or bang one’s own crocodile xylophone even, but it has to be said – WE ROCK!)
So yes, life is indeed back to normal. Which I LOVE, because seeing my happy little baby so poorly was just horrid, horrid, horrid. I even forgave the permanent marker on the 2 week old, brand new, cream kitchen units – possibly only because I managed to get it off, but she was after all developing her artistic flair and shouldn’t be restricted. (A concept her father and I don’t yet see eye to eye on.)
Life according to Grace is filled with music and scribbles. Life according to Grace means cuddles for everyone and making a mess. Life according to Grace is trying to sing “wind the bobbin up” at 3 in the morning and happily chasing the dogs around.
Go Grace! Good to have you back baby girl xxx