Reasons why this week was bad:
- Grace has been throwing up since Thursday morning. She is like a little lost, feverish rag doll that cries when she’s sick and cries if she’s not in my arms – even for a few seconds.
- We spent most of yesterday and last night in hospital. She was prodded and poked and X-rayed and weighed. She had things stuck on her arms and in her arms. She had a special bag stuck on to catch her wee. She hated it but was too poorly to object, other than little whimpers and “Noooo”‘s.
- She hasn’t eaten now for over 50 hours.
- She gets tummy pains and can’t get comfy.
- We are all very, very tired.
- My arms are painful from holding her all the time.
- I haven’t seen my daughter’s beautiful smile for 3 days now.
Reasons why this week was good:
- My husband got an “I was good in X-ray” sticker.
- Grace likes the taste of “Dioralyte” . . . weirdo!
- She has Gastroenteritis. It isn’t pleasant, but she will be ok again soon.
Reasons I am grateful for the hospital, the Dioralyte and the water to dissolve it in; this week and always:
Give this a Click . . .