Having kids makes you say the strangest thing, doesn’t it? I have, of late, found myself uttering such bizarre sentences that I though I’d make a note of a few. . .
- It’s not proper hide and seek Grace if you keep shouting “I’m here”
- Why is your face blue?
- You must say pardon me, Grace – as well as pull my finger.
- It is not a hamster. Give it to Mummy please – it’s going mouldy.
- Yes Grace, Father Christmas has a willy and a red hat.
- Glitter goes on the paper, not the doggies. They don’t want to be sparkly.
- No, Grandma does not have eyes on top of her head, she just likes to keep her glasses there.
- Abracadabra is NOT the magic word!
- You’re right there Gibby. Daddy’s bum does stink.
- No you don’t want chicken pox again Grace, that’s a silly thing to say.
- The cats don’t want to be sparkly either.
- Ooooh yes you have made your “head pink.” Lets put Mummy’s lipstick away now.
These are all true – just ask Ghostwritermummy! Is it just me, or do we all realise how ridiculous we sometimes sound?