Our little Gibby loves dinosaurs. I mean L-U-R-V-E-S dinosaurs. For some time now, her choice of bedtime companion has been a foot-long, very realistic T-Rex. We paint with dinosaurs, bath with dinosaurs and play with dinosaurs. Are you getting the idea yet?
SO – imagine my delight when I happened across the fabulous Facebook page of Idy Boo. The lady who is the talent behind Idy Boo makes the cutest fabric dinosaurs, and “pocket Pals” (little dolls approx 14.5cm. They come in owl styles, plush babies, pirates, superheroes and more. Also please excuse Mr WaterBirthPlease’s annoying habit of photobombing!)
All of Idy Boo’s wee critters are hand made and CE tested making them safe for children from birth. I saw, I smiled, I wanted
and I ordered. Not immediately mind you, it took me the best part of an entire evening to decide on the fabric! Seriously difficult decision as they were all so lovely.
We plumped for a very girly, vintage fabric. After all, it’s not every day you can combine girliness with dinosaurs. Idy Boo also sent an extra little Jurassic friend and a pocket pal for Gibby and I to put through their paces and review. For dino number two, we went for the super-hero/comic book fabric. SO cool. I was genuinely thrilled when they arrived, and so was Grace. (Being a big softy – I snuck them into her bedroom when she was fast asleep. She came charging into our room at 7am this morning shouting “MUMMY! SOME TEDDY DINOSAURS HAVE COME TO SEE ME!! SHOW YOU!”) Ace 🙂 Subsequently, they haven’t left her side all day.
Here’s what we loved about them:
– Beautifully stitched without losing the home-made feel that we’re big fans of in the WaterBirthPlease house.
– The little touches offered to us by Idy Boo. We had Graces name stitched onto her girl dinosaur and a little super-hero mask on the other. Ace.
– Super friendly service and prompt delivery of our items.
– Grace’s face when she met her new little friends. . . classic.
– Mummy’s face when she saw Grace’s face when she met her new little friends!
– The Pocket Pal – Grace loves putting things in her pockets (bit weird I know – but thats Gibby) so she loved her little owl too. I think these would also make great new born gifts. Babies would love the little taggies on them.
I would urge anyone to have a nosy at the Facbook page of Idy Boo, especially if, like me, you want to support small businesses, or you know a special little person with a love of all things dino. The dinosaurs are currently a fantastic introductory price of £12. I think that is superb value so I really would act fast if you like them! (Postage is £3.50 – with an extra £1 added for each extra one). Pocket Pals are £6.
I much prefer Gibby’s new bed time pal. x