You may be the kind of parent that can’t bear mess.
You may be the kind of parent that thinks you can’t do creative stuff. That you do other stuff -say sport, or academia – brilliantly. But no, you’re not “arty”.
You’re not “creative” or “crafty”.
Well Waterbirthplease sets you a challenge! The next time you get your hands on a BIG piece of card . . .
get the paints out . . .
. . . and watch them let rip!
It’ll be fine. Just strip them off during, and put them straight in the shower afterwards. Go on . . I dare you!
Gibby LOVED it.
Messy play will:
– develop fine motor skills
– let them have fun
– help them understand personal space
– developer texture awareness
– allow them freedom to be themselves. (Don’t interfere! Enjoy seeing what they do!)
– increase their verbal skills if asked open-ended questions throughout the process.
N.B Any tips/encouragement in return in the field of sport or academia will be gratefully received. I may be happy to chuck paint everywhere, but when it comes to kicking a ball or long division – well – good luck with that Gibby! I guess we all have our strengths. It’s all part of life’s rich tapestry (or cardboard painting as the case may be).